In the shadows of falling darkness, wings of the night creature await their silent signal from the moon. Flying madly through a starless sky the frenzy flight of the Bat takes you by surprise and leaves you breathless, hanging in mid-air, captured alive. The Bat’s tracks are above the car rather than below it, and the cars hang down from the overhead rails. The Bat’s cars are designed to swing out to the side when the trains round the numerous bends and curves on its 2,352-foot long circuit at speeds up to 51 mph. The ride experience begins with a climb up a 90-foot lift. At the top, the train dips slightly before turning roughly 225 degrees to the right. The train then drops 70 feet into a valley banking right at the bottom as it begins to climb into a horseshoe element. The cars swing up and around to the left before exiting the horseshoe parallel to the same position during entry. Another drop follows into the same valley, with another banked turn to the right followed by a quick turn to the left before taking riders through a final series of sharp turns, each sending the train swinging from one side to the other before heading back into the station.
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height
- A suspended steel roller coaster with a combination of high speed banked turns. Riders will experience weightlessness and rapid movements from side to side.
- Guests must be 48” tall to ride
- A shoulder harness secures each rider over the head and across the chest.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size.
- Guests must have a minimum of two functioning extremities; one functioning arm and one functioning leg. Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of one functioning arm and one functioning leg if the guest is able to form a saddle posture with leg remnants sufficient to brace self upright in the seat against the shoulder harness.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full arm cast, braced arm cast, or full leg cast are not permitted to ride.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to transfer into the seat, on their own or with the assistance of a companion. A transfer device is available upon request which may assist a rider out of a wheelchair and into the ride unit.
- Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering and exiting, as they will shift.
- Visit our Accessibility page for additional information.