You’ll feel like you’re flying as you whirl, twirl and spin on this twisting, rotating family favorite. Shake, Rattle & Roll opened in 1975 for Kings Island’s fourth season and was originally called Troika (Russian for “group of three”) to reflect the three sections of the ride. The style of this attraction reflects the classic boardwalk 1950’s fun. The ride’s current name comes from the song by Jesse Stone that Big Joe Turner and Elvis Presley both performed at one time. Shake, Rattle & Roll is a ride that you’ll want to experience both during the day and at night as it literally offers two different experiences with an LED lighting package. It’s a ride that’s fun, memorable and repeatable. An attraction that families come back year after year to experience and enjoy.
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height Accompanied
- Min Height Alone
- A circular ride with three arms of gondolas moving counterclockwise against the ride’s main clockwise direction. Riders will experience weightlessness, strong accelerations, and side to side movement.
- Guests must be 54” tall to ride alone OR 42” tall and accompanied by a supervising companion.
- A shared lap bar is positioned above the laps of all riders in the row. An individual seatbelt secures each rider across the thighs and pelvis.
- Guests must have a minimum of two functioning extremities; one functioning arm and one functioning leg. Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of one functioning arm and one functioning leg if the guest has a normal center of gravity and lower extremities are sufficiently strong to support weight against the restraint under the dynamic conditions of the ride. Amputations must be at the knee or below.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, or braced arm cast are not permitted to ride.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of elevating themselves up into the seat.
- Please use caution when entering and exiting as the ride unit may shift. Do not use the ride restraints for support as they will shift.
- WARNING: During night operation this ride contains strobe lighting.
- Visit our Accessibility page for additional information.