Water and water-related activities have always been popular attractions for guests visiting Kings Island. Congo Falls is no exception. The ride has been making a splash with park visitors for more than 30 years! Located in the Action Zone area of Kings Island, this cool, wet and wild attraction is a great family ride in a beautiful setting. Huge boats – each nearly 16 feet long and carrying up to 20 passengers – climb steadily above tree top level and then glide along an 815 foot trough of water, which ends in a magnificent 50-foot waterfall drop. The splashdown in the lake below creates a gigantic tidal wave that soaks not only the passengers but also those standing in selected areas watching the ride on the exit and observation deck. Other features along the Congo Falls waterway include a geyser pool.
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height
- This is a water flume ride with boats that rock side-to-side and plunge down a chute into a splash of water. You will get wet.
- Guests must be 46” tall to ride
- Guests must have a minimum of two functioning extremities; one functioning arm and one functioning leg.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full arm cast, braced arm cast, or full leg cast are not permitted to ride.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of stepping down into the ride unit.
- Please use caution, as the ride unit may shift when entering and exiting. Watch your step, as the ride unit may be slippery and wet.
- Visit our Accessibility page for additional information.