Warnings of unchartered lands and surprise encounters beckon adventure seekers to board the Adventure Express for a journey that travels 3,000 feet of track twisted between trees and nestled into a hillside in the Oktoberfest area of the park. As the adventure begins, passengers depart from the station for what seems to be a leisurely ride, but after a quick plunge into the dense foliage of a damp rainforest, it becomes obvious this is no average coaster ride. As the train leaves the rainforest, a quick turn sends passengers into an old, boarded-up mine shaft. The train exits the tunnel only to enter another, narrowly escaping before being hoisted up the ride’s first lift hill where the train tiptoes its way over the track’s decrepit rickety structure then dives 60 feet below where passengers find themselves spinning through a helix of ruins. Riders next experience another tunnel, beginning a 40-foot climb up the second lift. The walls of this enclosed lift are lined with drummers and a giant figure holding a cauldron of molten lava is directly ahead. As the train avoids the lava, it’s hurled into a dark cave that leads riders back to civilization.
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height
- A high speed wood and steel roller coaster with a combination of banked turns and tunnels.
- Guests must be 48” tall to ride
- An individual lap bar and seatbelt secures each rider across the thighs and pelvis.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size.
- Guests must have a minimum of two functioning extremities. Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of one functioning arm and one functioning leg if the guest has a normal center of gravity and lower extremities are sufficiently strong to maintain proper riding posture under the dynamic conditions of the ride. Amputation must be at knee or below.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full arm cast, braced arm cast, or full leg cast are not permitted to ride.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to transfer into the seat, on their own or with the assistance of a companion.
- Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering and exiting, as they will shift.
- Visit our Accessibility page for additional information.