Kings Island announces important updates regarding the rest of the 2020 Season. Learn More.
Everyone who enjoys the fun and thrills of riding a roller coaster will want to experience Mystic Timbers, voted “Best New Ride” in 2017 by Amusement Today. Themed to an abandoned lumber company, riders experience 16 airtime moments as they weave along 3,265 feet of track through wooded terrain, over water and through a mid-course tunnel at speeds up to 53 mph. The coaster is naturally exciting because of its setting in a densely wooded area. The natural rugged terrain and tunnel ensures a unique and memorable ride experience. Mystic Timbers was custom designed and built for the topography of Kings Island by Great Coasters International, Inc. (GCI) of Sunbury, Pa. The ride’s layout interacts with both the K.I. & Miami Valley Railroad and White Water Canyon attractions during its two-minute ride cycle. As the train climbs the 109-foot lift hill, a voice is heard saying, “Hey! Hey! I see up there! What do you think you’re doing? This is security. Seriously, guys, you need to take that truck and go home to your video games. This place is not safe. Whatever you do, don’t go in the shed!” And then an adventure into the unknown begins.
Rider Safety Information
Rider Safety Information
- A high speed wooden roller coaster with high speed airtime hills, quick turns and enclosed tunnels.
- Guests must be 48" tall to ride
- An individual lap bar and seatbelt secures each rider across the thighs and pelvis.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size.
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities. Guests must have a minimum of one full functioning leg (excluding prosthesis) and one leg amputated below the knee.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, or broken collar bone are not permitted to ride. Casts are not permitted on this ride.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to transfer into the seat, on their own or with the assistance of a companion. A transfer device is available upon request which may assist a rider out of a wheelchair and into the ride unit.
- Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering and exiting, as they will shift.
- A wheelchair lift is available in the exit to transport guests to the ride platform. Please use the phone at the bottom of the exit to receive operator assistance.
- WARNING: This ride contains strobe lighting.
- WARNING: This ride utilizes magnetic systems during the ride.
- NOTE: Loose articles may not be left on the platform. They may be either be left with a non-rider or be placed for storage.
- Visit our Accessibility page for additional information.