There are seven natural wonders of the world. If there were a list of the top man-made wonders of the world, The Beast would be on it. Designed and built in-house by Kings Island personnel, The Beast unleashes its awesome power on the unsuspecting as it sprawls across 35 acres of wooded terrain. When The Beast first opened to the public April 14, 1979, it was acclaimed America’s ultimate roller coaster. It broke all existing records as the longest and fastest ride in the world. It is still listed in the prestigious “Guinness Book of World Records” as the longest wooden roller coaster in the world at 7,359 feet. Features of The Beast include a ride time of more than four minutes; vertical drops of 135 feet (at a 45-degree angle) and 141 feet (at an 18-degree angle); a 125-foot long underground tunnel at the bottom of the 135-foot drop; eight banked turns – some to 45 degrees; 540-degree helix tunnel and speeds up to 65 mph.
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height
- A high speed wooden roller coaster with a combination of banked turns and tunnels.
- Guests must be 48” tall to ride
- An individual lap bar and seatbelt secures each rider across the thighs and pelvis.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size.
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities. Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of three functioning extremities if the guest has a normal center of gravity and lower extremities are sufficiently strong to maintain proper riding posture under the dynamic conditions of the ride. Amputations must be at the knee or below.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full arm cast, braced arm cast, or full leg cast are not permitted to ride.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to transfer into the seat, on their own or with the assistance of a companion. A transfer device is available upon request which may assist a rider out of a wheelchair and into the ride unit.
- Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering and exiting, as they will shift.
- WARNING: This ride contains strobe lighting.
- WARNING: This ride utilizes magnetic systems during the ride.
- Visit our Accessibility page for additional information.