Ever wonder what it’s like to fly like a bird – at extreme speeds? Xtreme Skyflyer gives you the experiences of hang gliding, skydiving and swinging – all in the same ride. After you get strapped into the harness – face down, mind you – a lift cable elevates you to a peak of 153 feet above the ground. At the top, the rider operator will instructor you to pull the cord. Because you pull the ripcord yourself, you’re in control, right? Um, no. Not, really. The second you rip the cord, gravity kicks in and you free fall at speeds up to 60 miles per hour down, down, down toward the earth, skimming it by mere feet. You then swing back and forth until it’s all over. Whew! This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience you’ll never forget. Xtreme Skyflyer is not included with park admission; a separate fee is required to experience this heart-thumping attraction.
Ride Safety Information
- Xtreme Skyflyer is a skycoaster ride that swings in a pendulum motion.
- Riders will experience weightlessness and rapidly changing forces and directions.
- Riders are placed in flight suits and tethered to steel cable.
- Due to the restraint system inherent in the flight suits, it is necessary that the flyers possess two arms sufficient to be contained and restrained by the shoulder pads, and at least one leg sufficient to be contained and restrained by the leg straps.
- Weight limit is 850 pounds per flight.
- Skyflyer is a pay-to-ride attraction.