Kings Island is closed for the 2020 Season. See you in 2021! Learn More.
Diamondback has ranked among the top steel roller coasters in the world in annual industry and enthusiasts polls since its opening in 2009. The ride stands 230 feet at its highest point with a first drop of 215 feet at a 74-degree angle. Riders snake their way around 5,282 feet of track and 10 drops at speeds up to 80 mph with a splashdown finale. The trains on Diamondback feature open-air, stadium-style seating which offers riders an unobstructed view no matter where they may be seated on the train.
Rider Safety Information
Rider Safety Information
- A high speed steel roller coaster with a combination of banked turns and airtime hills.
- Guests must be 54” tall to ride
- An individual lap bar and seatbelt secures each rider across the thighs and pelvis.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size. A test seat is located at the ride entrance which can be used to evaluate proper fit and comfort prior to waiting in line.
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities, including one functioning arm that includes a hand. Due to manufacturer requirements, a prosthetic leg is not a substitute for a leg amputation. Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of three functioning extremities if the guest has a normal center of gravity and the lower extremities are sufficiently strong to maintain proper riding posture under the dynamic conditions of the ride. Amputations must be below the ankle.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, or broken collar bone are not permitted to ride. Casts are not permitted on this ride.
- Guests with any type of arm prosthesis should not ride unless they can ensure the device is properly secured and will remain in place during the ride. Leg and/or foot prosthetics are not permitted on this ride. Alternatively, guests with certain amputations may be able to ride with the use of a separate full body harness provided the guest has remaining leg and arm remnants to be secured by the harness. Guests should check with Guest Services to determine if they are eligible to ride using the full body harness.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to transfer into the seat, on their own or with the assistance of a companion.
- Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering and exiting, as they will shift.
- WARNING: This ride contains strobe lighting.
- WARNING: This ride utilizes magnetic systems during the ride.
- Visit our Accessibility page for additional information.