Thrill-seekers have something to scream about when they experience the world’s longest steel inverted roller coaster. With seven stomach-churning inversions, the 4,124-foot long coaster ties another steel inverted roller coaster record. Themed to a wailing mythological messenger from the underworld with flowing white hair and gleaming eyes, Banshee features the following succession of breath-taking thrills: A 167-foot lift hill, 150-foot curved first drop, a dive loop, a vertical loop encircling the lift hill, a zero-gravity roll, a pair of batwing inversions, outside loop, spiral, in-line roll and carousel, all at speeds up to 68 mph! As a result of the natural terrain underneath Banshee, riders experience an elevation change of 208 feet from the highest point of the ride – the 167-foot tall lift hill – and the lowest point with the batwing inversions. The top speed of 68 mph is not reached until the midway point of the ride rather than the first drop as riders experience on most other roller coasters.
Rider Safety Information
Rider Safety Information
- The world’s longest inverted roller coaster is a high speed ride that will take riders through seven inversions at speeds up to 68 miles per hour.
- Guests must be 52” tall to ride
- Maximum height requirement: 78”
- A shoulder harness with a between-the-legs safety belt secures each rider over the head and across the chest.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size. A test seat is located at the ride entrance which can be used to evaluate proper fit and comfort prior to waiting in line
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities. Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of three functioning extremities if the guest has a normal center of gravity and lower extremities are sufficiently strong to maintain proper riding posture under the dynamic conditions of the ride. Amputations must be at the knee or below.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, or broken collar bone are not permitted to ride. Casts are not permitted on this ride.
- Guests with any type of arm prosthesis should not ride unless they can ensure the device is properly secured and will remain in place during the ride. Leg and/or foot prosthetics are not permitted on this ride. Alternatively, guests with certain amputations may be able to ride with the use of a separate full body harness provided the guest has remaining leg and arm remnants to be secured by the harness. Guests should check with Guest Services to determine if they are eligible to ride using the full body harness.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to transfer into the seat, on their own or with the assistance of a companion. A transfer device is available upon request which may assist a rider out of a wheelchair and into the ride unit.
- Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering and exiting, as they will shift.
- A wheelchair lift is available in the exit to transport guests to the ride platform. Please use the phone at the bottom of the exit to receive operator assistance.
- WARNING: This ride contains strobe lighting.
- WARNING: This ride utilizes magnetic systems during the ride.
- NOTE: Loose articles may not be left on the platform. They may be either be left with a non-rider or be placed for storage.
- Visit our Accessibility page for additional information.