In 1982, Kings Island debuted a new food item: Blue ice cream.
Blue ice cream - a blueberry soft serve - was an immediate hit and has become over the past 36 years as much a part of the fabric of the Kings Island experience as a ride on The Beast roller coaster.
Like many of Kings Island's iconic attractions, blue ice cream has become multi-generational. Parents who ate it as a child are now sharing it with their children; grandparents who had it with their kids now enjoy it with their grandkids.
Specialty blue ice cream inspired food offerings on National Blue Ice Cream Day include:
- Smoked Chicken Wings with Blueberry BBQ Sauce - available at Turkey Legs on International Street
- Blueberry Salsa with served with Corn Chips - available at Turkey Legs on International Street
- Blue Funnel Cake with Blueberry Topping – available at International Street Funnel Cakes
- Blue Ice Cream Fudge – available at the Sweet Spot on International Street
- Blue Ice Cream Cotton Candy – available at the Sweet Spot on International Street
Think you have what it takes to earn the title of the Blue Ice Cream Eating Champion of Kings Island? Here's your chance!
Blue Ice Cream Eating Contest
2:00 p.m. at Bandstand on International Street
1:00 p.m. at Bandstand on International Street
Stop by the registration booth at Bandstand starting at 1:00 pm to register for a chance to be selected to compete in the Blue Ice Cream Eating contest. Contestants will be selected at random at the start of the contest.
Contestants must be 18 years or older to participate. Rules and Regulations.
Join the conversation on National Blue Ice Cream Day using the hashtag #KIBlueIceCream.