Roller coaster fanatics, mark your calendar! The fifth annual Coasterstock event at Kings Island will take place May 17-18, 2019.
The two-day roller coaster event will feature exclusive morning and night ERT on popular attractions like The Beast, Banshee, Diamondback and Mystic Timbers roller coasters, behind-the-scenes experiences, unlimited digital photos, guest speakers, and so much more!
Each participant receives two-day admission to Kings Island, FunPix, unlimited Coca-Cola soft drinks each day, free parking, event lanyard and t-shirt, and meals in the park’s Picnic Grove.
Coasterstock tickets are $45 for Kings Island Gold and Cedar Fair Platinum passholders and $85 for non-Gold and Platinum passholders.
Save Time with Pre-Check
Save time upon your arrival at Kings Island with Coasterstock Pre-Check, a program designed to expedite the check-in process for the event. Materials for Coasterstock will be shipped to you in advance, allowing you to bypass the check-in line at the park. Be advised the materials will be shipped to your billing address. This upgrade option is available when purchasing your ticket and cannot be added once the transaction is complete. Pre-Check is available on an individual basis only and cannot be shared in orders with multiple tickets.
To Participate in Coasterstock 2019
Step 1: You must be an active member of one of the approved roller coaster clubs and organizations to be eligible to participate. Click on the tab below for the list of eligible clubs and organizations.
Step 2: Purchase your Coasterstock ticket online. Tickets are $45 for Kings Island Gold and Cedar Fair Platinum passholders and $85 for non-Gold and Platinum passholders.
Step 3: Upon purchasing your Coasterstock ticket, you must complete the online registration form. If you purchase multiple tickets, a registration must be completed for each ticket with the name of the person who will be using that ticket. You will be required to include the ticket order confirmation number and your coaster club/organization membership number with your registration. Without those two pieces of information, you will not be able to complete the registration process.
Step 4: Do not register multiple times! You will receive an error message if your registration does not go through.
Friday, May 17
- 7:00 a.m. - Parking Tolls Open and Check-In begins
- 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. on Banshee, Delirium, Adventure Express
- 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. on Drop Tower, Bat, Invertigo
- 11:00 a.m. - Banshee behind the scenes video/photo opportunity
- 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. Catered Meal. Hear from Jeff Gramke, co-designer of The Beast roller coaster and manager, facilities, engineering and construction at Kings Island
- 2:00 p.m. - The Beast behind the scenes video/photo opportunity (Group A)
- 3:00 p.m. - The Beast behind the scenes video/photo opportunity (Group B)
- 7:00 p.m. - Hear from Brian Lamm, Kings Island: 50 years of memories project in the PEANUTS Showplace
- 10:30 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. on Diamondback, The Beast, Mystic Timbers, Vortex, Racer, Antique Cars
Saturday, May 18
- 7:30 a.m. - Parking Tolls Open and Check-In for late arrivals
- 8:30 a.m. - Flight of Fear Lights on Walk Through as ride is going through test cycles
- 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Flight of Fear Lights on Rides
- 9:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. on Dodgem, Scrambler, Grand Carousel
- 10:15 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Story behind our Steam trains with Q&A and photo opportunities (Train Depot in Rivertown)
- 1:30 p.m. - Slaughterhouse lights on walkthrough
- 2:00 p.m. - Diamondback behind the scenes video/photo opportunity
- 3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. - Catered Meal. Hear from Dennis Speigel, president International Theme Park Services, Inc.
- 5:00 p.m. - Racer behind the scenes video/photo opportunity (Group B)
- 6:00 p.m. - Racer behind the scenes video/photo opportunity (Group A)
- 10:30 p.m. - 11:15 p.m. on Woodstock Express, Great Pumpkin Coaster
- 10:30 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. on Backlot Stunt Coaster, Diamondback, Mystic Timbers
- 10:30 p.m. - 12:30 a.m. on The Beast
Clubs and Organizations Eligible to Participate
- The American Coaster Enthusiasts
- Club Theme Park Review
- Coaster Buzz Club
- Coaster Crew Platinum
- Florida Coaster Club
- Great Ohio Coaster Club
- European Coaster Club
- Roller Coaster Club of Great Britain
Submit one (1) photo that you took on the first day of the Coasterstock event to the post in the Coasterstock Facebook group about this contest. You must include #Coasterstock2019, #CoasterstockPhotoContest and "Enter me" with your post. Your photo must be submitted by 8:00 a.m. on May 18 for this contest. Winner will be announced at the conclusion of the catered meal on May 18.
FunPix Photo Contest
Publish your FunPix photos from the Coasterstock event on your Facebook and Twitter channels using #Coasterstock2019. One (1) photo will be randomly selected as the winner of this contest. Winner will be announced at the conclusion of the catered meal on May 18.
Coasterstock Social Media Rock Star
The attendee who is most engaged on social media (Twitter/Facebook/Instagram) will receive a special prize. Don't forget to use the #Coasterstock2019 hashtag and post to the Facebook group! Winner will be announced at the conclusion of the catered meal on May 18.
Details for the Selfie Hunt contest will be published when Coasterstock 2019 begins on May 17.