Kings Island's 50th Anniversary
Since first opening in 1972, our guests have known Kings Island as a place where unforgettable memories are made. The 364-acre amusement and water park is home to some of the most fun things to do near Cincinnati. Now, the stage is set for a special summer-long, Golden Celebration, full of new experiences that tell the stories of the park’s first 50 years. We’ll have a lot more to share with you about our landmark 2022 season in the weeks and months ahead. Keep checking this page for all the latest updates about this once-in-a-lifetime celebration.
Celebrating Kings Island
Whether you’re coming to the park to enjoy the rides, have a bite to eat or watch one of the shows, you’ll see the story of our first 50 years celebrated in new and unique ways.
- Relive some of your favorite Kings Island moments through original, live shows created just for our Golden Celebration.
- Feast on a variety of culinary offerings that pay tribute to Kings Island’s rich history and traditions.
- Take in the excitement of riding one of the park’s original 1972 opening day attractions.
- Enjoy an immersive fireworks spectacular like nothing you’ve ever seen before.
- Shop unique and limited edition 50th Anniversary merchandise created to help you remember this once-in-a-lifetime celebration for years to come.
Kings Island Concert Series
The 2022 Kings Island Concert Series at Timberwolf Amphitheatre presented by Platform Beer Company marks the most summer concerts at Timberwolf since 1995. The Cincinnati concert series lineup includes The Avett Brothers, Berlin & A Flock Of Seagulls, 3 Doors Down and Five for Fighting with special guest The Verve Pipe.
The Golden Celebration Begins Memorial Day Weekend
Don't miss the kickoff of our summer-long Golden Celebration beginning Saturday, May 28. Brand new entertainment that highlights special moments from Kings Island's history, culinary dishes created just for the Golden Anniversary year and the chance to dance the night away at the base of the Eiffel Tower. Plus, don't miss the stunning, one-of-a-kind, immersive fireworks finale featuring thrilling and heartwarming moments from the park's first 50 years.
Kings Island Art Contest
50 Years of Memories
The Art Contest has closed. Winners will be contacted May 20.
Kings Island Memories
Take a Look Back at 50 Years of Fun!