Kings Island announces important updates regarding the rest of the 2020 Season. Learn More.
We all miss it: Kings Island.
Life is without a doubt different around the world right now due to COVID-19 with a number of large questions in search of the answer.
Still, we miss it and although our reopen date remains uncertain, we look forward to welcoming you back just as soon as it is safe to do so.
We’re also looking forward to Orion joining our world-class lineup of roller coasters. Themed to the park’s new Area 72, the ride features the latest prototype vehicle developed by the Project X initiative. Scientists are in a race against time to develop technology capable of weaving transport vehicles through a coming meteor storm and traveling to a new planet within the Orion constellation. For the program to be successful, it needs volunteers to help with testing.
Numbers don’t tell the whole story about this spectacular new ride, but you might be surprised by Orion’s facts and figures. The giga coaster (a term used to describe a ride with a height or drop of 300 or more feet) will be one of the tallest and fastest steel coasters in the world – and that’s a pretty big place!
A look at Orion by the numbers: Roller Coaster Statistics
How tall is Orion giga coaster?
- Orion's 300-foot first drop is the seventh longest coaster drop in the world.
- Riders on Orion will plummet down the 300-foot first drop at an incredible 85-degree angle.
How fast is Kings Island's Orion roller coaster?
- With a top speed of 91 mph, Orion is the 10th fastest roller coaster in the world.
How long is the giga coaster Orion?
- The length of track is 5,321 feet.
How long did it take to build Orion giga coaster at Kings Island?
- It took SkyHigh Coasters Inc. 168 days to erect Orion after the first piece of track was delivered to Kings Island Aug. 16, 2019.
How much steel did it take to build Kings Island's new roller coaster?
- It took 160 truckloads to deliver all of the steel for SkyHigh Coasters Inc. to build Orion.
- More than 16,000 high-strength bolts were used to assemble the steel structure.
How much paint did it take to paint Orion, Kings Island's new roller coaster?
- Over 4,000 gallons of paint were used on the track and support structures.
Post a Comment
Celebrate National Roller Coaster Day at Kings Island
Kings Island GM introduces new Over The Top award for seasonal and part-time associates
Kings Island at Night: Shake, Rattle & Roll
Check out this sunrise from The Beast at Kings Island
Bob Ross plush a coveted game prize at Kings Island
Great Ohio Coaster Club enjoys a day of fun and thrills at Kings Island
Kings Island Foodie News: New Blue Ice Cream Milkshake now being served at Ralph's Ice Cream
This Date in 2008: KIngs Island announces Diamondback
Orion-inspired Giga Coaster Lager now pouring at Kings Island, Sonder Brewing
Constructing Kings Island's Diamondback CoasterDynamix Nanocoaster model