Kings Island announces important updates regarding the rest of the 2020 Season. Learn More.
Memorial Day, our unofficial kick-off to summer is coming. If you’re like me, it’s the perfect time to spend the day on the deck downing your favorite beverage while manning the grill. (Maybe a few rounds of cornhole in between.)
So, I reached out to Kings Island Executive Chef James Major to share one of his favorite grill recipes, and within moments he came back with an incredible Ribs dry rub mix that will make you look like a grill master. And, as an added bonus- a collard greens recipe that will impress anyone in your family.
Try out this recipe and share results in the comments below or on your favorite social media. Don’t forget to tag us using #KingsIsland. We might even share your results!
Back-Yard Grilling: Dry Rubbed Ribs
- 2 Each Pork Ribs / St. Louis or Baby Back
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Salt
- ½ cup Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Paprika
- 1Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1Tablespoon Celery Salt
- 1teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Cup Beer, Wine or Water
- Preheat oven to 250°F
- In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix well (This makes more than what you need, Save what you don’t use for other meat, potatoes anything to season).
- Place each slab of baby back ribs on a piece of aluminum foil, shiny side down. Sprinkle each side generously with the dry rub. Pat the dry rub into the meat. Wrap well making sure you can open one end of each to add braising liquid. Refrigerate the ribs for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Place the ribs on a baking sheet. Open one end of the foil on each slab and pour half of the liquid into each foil packet. Tilt the baking sheet in order to equally distribute the braising liquid. Braise the ribs in the oven for 2 1/2 hours.
- Take out of oven and let cool…Now you’re ready for the grill.
- Turn on the grill and have it to medium hot. Remove ribs from foil, place cooled ribs bone side down, brush with your favorite BBQ Sauce onto the ribs. When you see and hear the ribs sizzle flip and brush again. Same thing sizzle, turn again and glaze one last time.
- Slice each slab into 2-4 rib bone portions.
Note: If you want to DO this on the grill completely, cook using indirect heat and cook for 3-6 hours or until the ribs are tender. Also in your Smoker.
Country Greens or Beans
- 3Lb Chopped Greens or Fresh Green Beans
- 1 Cup Bacon Bits
- 1 Cup Diced Onion
- 1.5 Cups Vegetable stock (Chicken base in Water)
- ¼ Cup BBQ Pork Seasoning
- ½ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Cups Water
- In a large stock pot add onion bacon and veggie stock then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, water, chicken seasoning and the greens
- Stir the greens in and keep covered. Simmer for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Serve with your favorite Hot Sauce.
Post a Comment
Kings Island's Orion roller coaster a story-driven attraction
Kings Island opens to everyone this Friday, July 10: Top tips for your upcoming visit
Kings Island mourns the passing of live shows performer Ally Davis
Refuel at the new Meteor Canteen Consumption Station in Area 72 at Kings Island
Cast your vote for Kings Island for "Best Amusement Park" in USA Today's 10Best Readers' Choice Travel Awards poll
Orion apparel and souvenirs available at Kings Island
Kings Island's new Orion roller coaster is out of this world
Orion first riders raise $160,000 for A Kid Again
2020 Media Tour at Kings Island: Two important stories to tell about this season