Looking for something do at home with the kids? Here’s a list of five ways to have some Kings Island fun from the comforts of home. Be sure the share your fun with us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using #KingsIsland. We’ll share and retweet some of our favorites.
Enjoy a virtual roller coaster ride
Take a virtual ride on one of Kings Island’s world-class roller coasters. We have several rollver coaster Point of View (POV) videos on our YouTube channel. Play them on YouTube’s TV app and add to the experience by sitting in a moveable chair in front of the TV with other props such as a broomstick for the lap bar.
Enjoy a virtual water ride
Here’s a fun one! Take a virtual ride on Race for Your Life Charlie Brown. We have a Point of View (POV) video on your YouTube channel that will make you feel as though you are experiencing this attraction. Add to the experience by having a non-virtual rider tossing small splashes of water on you at points during the ride where you might get wet.
Watch a parade
If you love a parade, you’ll love watching a replay of the electrifying vibe of the Spectacle of Color Parade from our Grand Carnivale event. You’ll feel like you’re watching it live from International Street!
Make a sketch of your favorite rides
Get out those No. 2 pencils and sketch drawings of your favorite Kings Island rides, present or past.
Challenge yourself with these thought-provoking Kings Island trivia questions
1. A rider on Drop Tower will drop 264 feet. How many times would you have to ride this attraction to travel a mile?
2. The height from which a rider drops on Drop Tower is 264 feet. There is 5,280 feet in a mile. What is the length of the fall expressed in miles?
3. A ride on Invertigo lasts one minute, 30 seconds. If you and a friend rode this ride continuously across from each other, with no stops from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., how many times would you “Face Off” with your partner?
4. The Beast is the longest wooden roller coaster in the world at 7,359 feet. One sheet of toilet paper in the park is 4.5” x 4.5” and there are 500 sheets in a roll. The park will use 700 cases of toilet paper a year. Each case contains 96 rolls. How many times could you cover the Beast’s track with all of this toilet paper?
5. The park sells over 280,000 pounds of hamburger a year. How many quarter pound burgers would that make?
Post a Comment
Last truckload of steel delivered to construct Orion giga coaster
Cincinnati Cyclones hockey team to honor iconic Beast roller coaster
Wood coaster maintenance shop a beehive of activity in the winter
5,000 jobs up for grabs at Kings Island for 2020 season
Co-designer of The Beast Jeff Gramke retires from Kings Island
Kings Island to host job fair in January
Kings Island decade in review: The top stories year-to-year
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5 ... New Year's Eve at Kings Island
Holly Jolly Christmas wishes
Top Kings Island moments of 2019