Kings Island announces important updates regarding the rest of the 2020 Season. Learn More.
Has anyone else been craving comfort food lately? What about food from your favorite food stand or restaurant at Kings Island? Me too!
So, yesterday it hit me. I know how to get in touch with Chef James Major, Kings Island’s executive chef. Within minutes of Chef hearing my plea, I had the park’s famous macaroni and cheese recipe in my inbox. I’m not going to lie, it may have been the highlight of my week. It’s not only the park’s recipe, but also Chef’s personal family recipe (so you know it has to be good!).
Then I wondered if there might be others who’d enjoy it also? Try the recipe below and share your results (pictures please!) on Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag #KingsIsland.
Major Mac & Cheese
- 1 Quart Heavy Whipping Cream
- 16 Ounces Velveeta Cheese
- 16 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- To Taste Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Or Your Favorite)
- 1 Pound Cooked Pasta (I like Cavatappi but you’re the Chef)
- 1 Sleeve Crushed Ritz or Tollhouse Crackers
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Parsley
1. In a saucepot, heat Cream, Velveeta, Cream Cheese and Garlic Powder to a smooth sauce stirring a lot so bottom does not burn.
2. Add Salt, Pepper and Worcestershire Sauce.
3. Cook Pasta according to instruction on box.
4. Combine Cheese sauce, Pasta & Shredded Cheese mix to coat pasta well.
5. Here You can add Lobster, Chicken, Broccoli Cooked Sausage, Ham or Cooked Bacon…Sky’s the Limit!!!
6. Place in an Oven safe baking dish.
7. Crush Crackers, Mix with Parsley and top Mac & Cheese.
8. Bake in a 350˚F oven to brown crackers.
And “enjoy” we did! My wife took Chef’s recipe and made this outstanding meal for us this week. And, for a moment, we could pretend we were sitting in the terrace outside Coney Bar B Que enjoying another great Kings Island meal while making a family memory. Thank you Chef James!
Post a Comment
The Beast, Racer part of an elite group of legendary roller coasters
Kings Island releases new pins for 2020
Summer Flash Sale!
Kings Island's Orion reactions are in. Here's what people are saying
Kings Island's Orion roller coaster a story-driven attraction
Kings Island opens to everyone this Friday, July 10: Top tips for your upcoming visit
Kings Island mourns the passing of live shows performer Ally Davis
Refuel at the new Meteor Canteen Consumption Station in Area 72 at Kings Island
Cast your vote for Kings Island for "Best Amusement Park" in USA Today's 10Best Readers' Choice Travel Awards poll
Orion apparel and souvenirs available at Kings Island