Kings Island announces important updates regarding the rest of the 2020 Season. Learn More.
Has anyone else been craving comfort food lately? What about food from your favorite food stand or restaurant at Kings Island? Me too!
So, yesterday it hit me. I know how to get in touch with Chef James Major, Kings Island’s executive chef. Within minutes of Chef hearing my plea, I had the park’s famous macaroni and cheese recipe in my inbox. I’m not going to lie, it may have been the highlight of my week. It’s not only the park’s recipe, but also Chef’s personal family recipe (so you know it has to be good!).
Then I wondered if there might be others who’d enjoy it also? Try the recipe below and share your results (pictures please!) on Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag #KingsIsland.
Major Mac & Cheese
- 1 Quart Heavy Whipping Cream
- 16 Ounces Velveeta Cheese
- 16 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- To Taste Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Or Your Favorite)
- 1 Pound Cooked Pasta (I like Cavatappi but you’re the Chef)
- 1 Sleeve Crushed Ritz or Tollhouse Crackers
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Parsley
1. In a saucepot, heat Cream, Velveeta, Cream Cheese and Garlic Powder to a smooth sauce stirring a lot so bottom does not burn.
2. Add Salt, Pepper and Worcestershire Sauce.
3. Cook Pasta according to instruction on box.
4. Combine Cheese sauce, Pasta & Shredded Cheese mix to coat pasta well.
5. Here You can add Lobster, Chicken, Broccoli Cooked Sausage, Ham or Cooked Bacon…Sky’s the Limit!!!
6. Place in an Oven safe baking dish.
7. Crush Crackers, Mix with Parsley and top Mac & Cheese.
8. Bake in a 350˚F oven to brown crackers.
And “enjoy” we did! My wife took Chef’s recipe and made this outstanding meal for us this week. And, for a moment, we could pretend we were sitting in the terrace outside Coney Bar B Que enjoying another great Kings Island meal while making a family memory. Thank you Chef James!
Post a Comment
Celebrate the 10th anniversary of Boo Blasters on Boo Hill at Kings Island
Kings Island Foodie News: Chicken Sandwich added to Chicken Shack menu
Check out this sunrise from Orion at Kings Island
Today is National Carousel Day!
Kings Island Foodie News: The Celestial Sausage is now available for a limited time
Floral Clock an iconic Kings Island attraction
Take a virtual ride on Kings Island's Orion roller coaster
Celebrate National Carousel Day this Saturday
Popular Kings Island attractions celebrating anniversary seasons in 2020
The Voice on NBC contestant Michael Williams stars in new Kings Island show