Kings Island announces important updates regarding the rest of the 2020 Season. Learn More.
We are breaking all the rules with this week’s Kings Island Recipe Blog. Until today, the closely guarded Chicken Shack secret sauce has been exactly that. I couldn’t believe it when Chef James Major shared the recipe, but hey- I’m not asking any questions. What I know is that the recipe had never left the 364-acre amusement park, until today. And, for good reason- guests travel from across the country just to sample it along with the best chicken tenders they’ve ever had. If you’ve never been to Chicken Shack, let me tell you, it’s is worth it. The food stand is located between Banshee and Congo Falls. Its covered terrace makes it a comfortable place to take a break in between rides in Action Zone, or to wait for your group as they ride.
As always- we want to hear from you. If you’ve been to Chicken Shack and experienced the chicken tenders and secret sauce for yourself, tell us in the comments. Or, if you tried the recipe for yourself- let us know and share your picture and tag us!
- 3 Pounds Chicken Tenderloins or Chicken Breast cut into Strips
- 2 Cups Buttermilk
- 4 Cups Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Garlic powder
- 2 Cups Panko
- In a Ziploc bag or in a non-metal container, marinate chicken in buttermilk at least 4 hours.
- In a bag or bowl add all the breading ingredients together well.
- In a pan heat up oil to 325°F
- Place 1 cup of breading intro a paper bag or gallon Ziploc bag, grab a 4-5 tenders and give them a shake to remove extra buttermilk then place them in the bag. Seal and shake to coat with breading.
- Gently place in hot oil and cook to an internal temperature of 165°F. place on a rack of paper towels. Repeat as needed until all chicken is breaded.
- Serve with the secret sauce, coleslaw and your favorite potato dish…Enjoy!!!
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
- To Taste Salt & Pepper
- 2 Cups Mayo
- ½ Cup Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients and adjust seasoning with Salt & Pepper.
- Place in an airtight container and let set for 1 hour.
- Enjoy with Fried chicken or with fries and on sandwiches!
The verdict: Incredible recipe! There are four in my family and we halved the recipe, which still made a bunch of tenders. We’re using the secret sauce on fries, sandwiches and anything else we can think of to use it on! This meal left me wanting my favorite chicken stand to open for the season so I can enjoy a meal there as soon as possible.
Post a Comment
Celebrate National Roller Coaster Day at Kings Island
Kings Island GM introduces new Over The Top award for seasonal and part-time associates
Kings Island at Night: Shake, Rattle & Roll
Check out this sunrise from The Beast at Kings Island
Bob Ross plush a coveted game prize at Kings Island
Great Ohio Coaster Club enjoys a day of fun and thrills at Kings Island
Kings Island Foodie News: New Blue Ice Cream Milkshake now being served at Ralph's Ice Cream
This Date in 2008: KIngs Island announces Diamondback
Orion-inspired Giga Coaster Lager now pouring at Kings Island, Sonder Brewing
Constructing Kings Island's Diamondback CoasterDynamix Nanocoaster model