Gliding down the ice last week on the shimmering, majestic Royal Fountain, transformed for the holiday season into Snowflake Lake, brought back a treasure trove of memories from my visits to Kings Island for WinterFest in the 1980s. It was an activity I always looked forward to.
With ice skating one of the most popular activities this year at WinterFest, here are six insider tips to save you time before hitting the ice.
- To deliver the best ice skating experience for our guests, there are a limited number of tickets sold for each of the 90-minute sessions. To ensure you don’t miss out on the opportunity to skate, purchase your Snowflake Lake Ice Skating tickets in advance online. If there are four-or-more people in your party, you’ll save $5 per ticket off the ice skating price.
- Be sure to download, print and fill out your waiver and bring it with you to the park, along with your ice skating vouchers. You can find the waiver here.
- Take your completed waiver and voucher on the night of your visit to the Ice Skating check-in booth located near the Viking Fury and Festhaus prior to your ice skating session. Our associates will collect these and provide you with a colored wristband which will show your ice time session.
- When you are ready to hit the ice during your selected session, stop by the Ice Skate Rental building located near Auntie Anne’s on International Street to get your skates at no additional cost. You will be directed from this location on where to enter the ice skating platform. (If you brought your own skates, just ask a park representative on International Street where you should enter the ice skating platform.)
- Whether you’re a beginner or an ice skating pro, take in the sights and sounds of this unique setting and have fun with your family and friends.
- Be advised all guests under the age of 10 will need a supervising companion with them on the ice at all times. A supervising companion is anyone 14 years of age and older. Be sure to wear socks – they’re required to ice skate. Be sure to plan for a minimum of 15 minutes to check in and get your skates. There are cubbies on the ice skating platform to store your shoes and other belongings. Kings Island is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
To help plan your night, download the WinterFest Map and Experience Guide
Post a Comment
Mystic Timbers nominated for "Best New Amusement Park Attraction" for USA Today's 10Best Readers' Choice Travel Awards contest
6 insider ice skating tips at Kings Island's WinterFest
What people are saying about the return of WinterFest to Kings Island following the opening weekend
Everything you need to know about the return of WinterFest
Kings Island's WinterFest fills 23 nights of Holiday Cheer in 2017
The sporadic erratic flight of The Bat
This day in Kings Island history: October 25, 1975
Last chance for thrills and chills
Kings Island seeks entertainers
5 reasons why you must experience Halloween Haunt