Print & GoSave Time and Money! Buy and print your tickets at home. Buy Now
Kings Island Photo of the Day« Go Back Monday, January 7th, 2013
Some interesting observations about the train in the image:
- The split firewood is not yet mounted along the perimeter of the tender.
- The smokebox stack up front resembles a wood burner flared out stack like the green No. 19 engine, not the straight up, coal burner style the No. 12 engine has today.
- Guests are sitting in the very front car versus the conductor.
- The tender still had the shorter, vertical, yellow hand railings versus the much higher ones that were installed about a decade ago.
- A rides conductor is standing on the running board of the second car. They were known to walk along the running boards back in those days.