The Kings Island Half Marathon
This unique and challenging double-loop course will having you passing through the park twice so you’ll get great views of many of the park’s most popular attractions including the new record-breaking Banshee roller coaster, The Beast, Diamondback, Firehawk, Racer and more! Along the course you will get to run back in time to the beginning of the “Age of the Dinosaurs” and encounter the beasts that dominated the planet for over 180 million years in the world’s largest animatronic dinosaur park, Dinosaurs Alive!
Half-marathon registration includes free park entry for the runner all weekend long, September 26th - 28th. Any friends and family who want to come along for the ride will enjoy discounted admission to the park. So, bring the whole crew to cheer you on!
Half Marathon Participants receive:
- Scenic running route through the theme park
- Finisher medal
- Free entry to the park September 26th - 28th
- BibChip timing and instant online results
- Commemorative long-sleeve tech T-shirt
- Reduced-rate parking
Discounted Park Tickets for Friends and Family
- $28.99 - Starlight admission (Evening of September 26th Only)
- $34.99 - Single day admission
- $60.99 - Weekend admission (September 26th - 28th)
Entry Fees & Deadlines
- $90 until May 31st / $60 for Passholders
- $100 June 1st - July 30th / $70 for Passholders
- $125 July 31st - August 14th / $90 for Passholders
- $150 August 15th - close / $115 for Passholders
- No race-day registration available
AwardsThe top three male and female finishers in each of the following divisions will receive awards:
|Under 16||Age 16-20||Age 21-25|
|Age 26-30||Age 31-35||Age 36-40|
|Age 41-45||Age 46-50||Age 51-55|
|Age 56-60||Over 60||Wheelchair|
Race Rules & Policies
- Entry fees are nonrefundable. No exceptions.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate and you may not transfer your entry fee to future races.
- You must be at least 12 years old to participate in the half-marathon and Banshee 10K. You must be 4 years old to participate in the 5K event. (There are sections of the course that go up and down a steep grade. An alternate route will be available upon request.)
- Halloween Haunt is intended for mature audiences; not recommended for guests under 13.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenge of a half-marathon.
- You must show photo ID to receive your race number.
- Race numbers are required to participate.
- No coaches, bikes, in-line skates, skateboards, baby joggers, or dogs will be allowed on the half-marathon course. Strollers are allowed but must start toward the rear.
- Participants are not allowed to wear earbuds or headphones.
- Overall winners will not qualify for their age group category awards.
Switching from the Half-Marathon to a shorter distance eventIf you would like to switch from the half-marathon distance, log into your Active.com account, where you will have the option to change to the 10K or 5K events. There will be no refunds to switch to a shorter-distance event. There is a $15 transfer fee to change events. Transfers can be made up to 1 week before race day.
CancellationsEntry fees are nonrefundable. Sorry, no exceptions. Entries are transferable to another participant up to 1 week before race day. All transfers must be done through Active.com and there is a $15 transfer fee. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You also may not transfer your application to the following year or another Cedar Fair Run and Ride event.
Kings Island is closed through August 25
The park will re-open for weekend operation on Friday, August 26 from 5-10 p.m.