This attraction is closed for the remainder of the 2021 season.
Float through an excursion into the wilderness and race to the finish line! Take care, there just may be a waterfall around the bend! In the fall of 1971, this attraction arrived at Kings Island for the park’s opening in 1972 and went by the Kings Mills Log Flume. Today, the ride is named after the 1977 PEANUTS movie Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown! In the movie, Charlie Brown and the rest of the PEANUTS gang enter a summer camp raft race against a group of cheating bullies. After many obstacles and conflicts, Woodstock’s raft, consisting of sticks and a leaf, is the only one to cross the finish line! The inspiration for the flume ride comes from the 19th century lumber industry. Real log flumes used flowing water to transport lumber down mountains to sawmills, and sometimes workers rode down the flume to inspect it or just to have fun! And you’ll have fun too with your family and friends on one of the most popular rides in Kings Island’s history.
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height Accompanied
- Min Height Alone
- This is a water flume ride; riders will get wet! Guests will be seated in a rocking boat and brace for a plunge down a chute, and a splash of water.
- Guests must be 46" tall to ride alone OR 36" tall and accompanied by a supervising companion.
- Guests must have a minimum of two functioning extremities; one functioning arm and one functioning leg. Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of three functioning extremities if the guest is able to form a saddle posture with leg remnants sufficient to brace self upright in the seat.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, or braced arm cast are not permitted to ride.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of stepping down into the ride unit.
- Please use caution, as the ride unit may shift when entering and exiting and may be slippery and wet. Boats may bump into the side of channel and other boats.
- WARNING: This ride contains strobe lighting.
- Visit our Accessibility page for additional information.