February 18, 2021 Update
Kings Island has announced its 2021 Season Operating Calendar and we look forward to welcoming you back for what is sure to be an AMAZING season.
The park will officially open its gates to the general public on Saturday, May 15. A Gold and Platinum season passholder preview will happen the weekend prior on May 8 and 9.
Key Park Opening Dates
- Gold and Platinum Season Pass Preview Weekend: May 8 & 9
- Kings Island Opening Day: Saturday, May 15
- Soak City Water Park will open on Saturday, May 29 (Memorial Day Weekend)
As a reminder, all 2020 Season Passes will be honored during the 2021 season.
Kings Island continues to monitor the ever-changing conditions surrounding the pandemic and is actively working with health experts and government officials to maintain the highest safety standards for guests and associates. Guests are encouraged to go to visitkingsisland.com for the latest updates on requirements, policies and safety protocols for the 2021 season, as these guidelines may be revised prior to opening day.
Seasonal employment opportunities are available, and our new hiring process helps applicants apply and interview virtually. More details can be found at www.visitkingsisland.com/jobs.
About Kings Island
With more than 100 rides, shows and attractions, Kings Island offers the perfect combination of world-class thrills and family attractions. Guests can experience 15 roller coasters, including the all new Orion giga coaster; the award-winning kids’ area and 33-acre water park. For more information, go to visitkingsisland.com.
Kings Island is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company (NYSE: FUN), a publicly traded partnership and one of the largest regional amusement-resort operators in the world. The Company owns and operates 11 amusement parks, two outdoor waterparks, one indoor waterpark and four hotels. For more information, see www.cedarfair.com.
General Frequently Asked Questions
May I get a refund on my park admission ticket?
If you purchased an admission ticket for a specific date that cannot be used while we are closed, we will reissue your admission ticket for another day of your choosing through November 1, 2020 (excludes special event admission tickets), or we will refund the specific day admission ticket amount. Unexpired tickets (Good Any Day) may be used on any one public operating day through December 31, 2020.
If you have a Group Sales specific day admission ticket that cannot be rescheduled, we will refund the specific day admission ticket amount.
The above policy also applies to specific day Fast Lane Pass purchases, as well as specific day non-admission purchases and any specific day VIP Experience purchases.
Will 2020 single day tickets be good for 2021?
All single-day tickets for 2020 will be valid for any regular operating day through Labor Day, September 6, 2021.
What if I am part of a group that was scheduled to visit?
If you are part of a planned group visit to the park or have Group Sales tickets, contact your group organizer/leader for details. Group organizers/leaders should contact their park sales representatives directly.
What are your cleanliness and sanitization standards and procedures?
Cedar Fair's highest priority is always the safety of our guests and associates. We continue to implement preventive measures as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as our own health and hygiene protocols. All our parks and resorts have high standards of cleanliness, which assists with illness prevention. We employ rigorous sanitation standards and robust cleaning procedures, including:
- Extensive and ongoing training for associates on maintaining a safe and hygienic workplace and environment for our guests;
- Specified intervals for frequent sanitization of targeted areas throughout the day;
- Numerous and accessible handwashing facilities and hand sanitizer locations;
- Quick response to spills, trash and other situations;
- Daily and frequent sanitation procedures for restrooms, kitchens, dining surfaces, benches and trash cans;
- Daily and frequent cleaning and "wash down" of outdoor locations, including walkways and queue lines
The leadership team is communicating with our associates about illness prevention; this includes guidance issued by the CDC. The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help stop the spread of germs. The CDC provides more detailed coronavirus information on its website at www.cdc.gov.
As always, we maintain close relationships with local, state, national and international public health authorities. We take their guidance when additional preventive measures are deemed necessary.
Season Pass Frequently Asked Questions
How does the closure impact my 2020 Season Pass and 2020 Season Pass Add-Ons (if applicable)?
2020 Season Passes and 2020 Season Pass Add-Ons (if applicable) Valid Through the 2021 Season
- 2020 Season Passes and purchased 2020 Season Pass Add-On Products (if applicable) will be valid for the remainder of 2020 when the park opens. Additionally, 2020 Regular, Gold and Platinum Season Passes (as well as purchased 2020 Season Pass Add-On Products) will be extended through the 2021 Season, according to your pass type.
What do I need to do to get my season pass extended?
Your payments must be in good standing for the Season Pass to be extended through 2021.
No other action is required from you.
Do I qualify for the 2021 extension if I bought after 4/14/20?
Yes – all 2020 Season Passholders who are in good standing will have their Season Pass and Season Pass Add-ons (if applicable) extended into 2021, regardless of when the purchase was made.
What does “according to your pass type” mean?
- The benefits and entitlements will be the same in 2021 as they are in 2020. For example, if you have a 2020 Regular Pass, you will have a Regular Pass in 2021, and if you have a 2020 Gold Pass, you will have a Gold Pass in 2021.
- 2020 Platinum Passes will be valid at all Cedar Fair parks through the 2021 Season.
When does my Season Pass account need to be in good standing in order to qualify for the 2021 extension offer?
- All payments must be current by the time the park opens in 2021 in order for your pass to be extended through 2021.
- If any attempted payment fails, all Season Passes and Season Pass Add-Ons on that order will be deactivated until the payment is made in the online Payment Portal.
When does my 2020 Season Pass Expire?
All 2020 Season Passes and purchased Season Pass Add-ons will be valid for the remainder of the 2020 season, plus the entire 2021 Season.
How can I upgrade my Season Pass or purchase add-ons?
When the park is open, Season Passes can be upgraded at the park for the 2021 season; Season Passes cannot be upgraded online. If you have a 2020 Season Pass, you can currently purchase 2021 Season Pass Add-ons such as All Season Dining and Drinks online that will be valid for the 2021 season.
What will happen if I signed up for the Auto-Renewal program online when I purchased my Season Pass?
The Season Pass Auto-Renewal program will not be in effect for the 2021 Season. Your 2020 Season Pass will not auto-renew to a 2021 Season Pass this September because your 2020 Season Pass and Add-Ons will be extended through the 2021 Season. No action is required of you at this time.
When will my Easy Pay payments resume?
Monthly Easy Pay payments resumed on 6/23/20. Now that billing has resumed, you will be billed the normal monthly amount for however many months remain to finish paying your full balance due.
Payments will continue to occur on the same date of the month as in previous months. You can log into the Payment Portal online with your order number and the email address you used during the initial purchase to confirm the upcoming payment dates and amounts.
As long as you remain current on attempted payments, your Season Pass and associated Season Pass Add-Ons will remain active.
If you’d prefer to make a single catch-up payment, you can log into the Payment Portal and select “Make a Payment” in the portal to pay all the payments that have been missed. Or, you can pay the full balance at any time.