Kings Island offers permanent full-time employment. Below are full-time opportunities currently available. Resumes are accepted only for positions posted and we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in our full-time positions, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- Subsidized Medical Coverage
- Voluntary Dental and Vision Coverage
- Opportunity to enroll in Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Company Paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Company Holidays
- Free Family Season Passes for eligible dependents
- Food and Merchandise discounts at selected Kings Island in-park restaurants and shops
Send resume and salary history to:
Kings Island Human Resources
6300 Kings Island Drive
Kings Island, OH 45034
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Director of Communications
Posting Date: June 27, 2017
Closing Date: July 12, 2017
Responsible for the strategic development and execution of integrated communication/marketing plans that support brand strategy and drive consumer demand. The role has direct responsibility for all aspects of public/media relations and digital marketing efforts as well as partnering with cross-discipline teams to develop and execute holistic marketing plans. This position plays an integral role in establishing the Kings Island brand in the marketplace.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages development of integrated communication/marketing plans across disciplines that drive key annual business initiatives.
- Leads all aspects of public/media relations and digital channels: social media, website, mobile app and email newsletter campaigns.
- Manages the Digital marketing team ensuring all publicity and digital goals are attained.
- Must be a strategic thinker who is comfortable gathering insights and direction from various partners, and then applying those insights to development and execution.
- Leads park content/editorial strategies to drive highly engaging content throughout Kings Island's various marketing channels.
- Develops strong relationships with relevant media contacts, bloggers and enthusiast groups.
- Proactively pitches media contacts as needed and creates unique story angles to increase editorial coverage for Kings Island.
- Leads development and execution of large-scale media events with coordination across multiple departments and external partners.
- Ability to lead and/or manage crisis communication plans and respond to media and public inquiries on behalf of Kings Island, as needed.
- Serves as spokesperson for Kings Island to media outlets and other external organizations, as needed.
- Collaborates with external agencies in support of social, PR and blogger/enthusiast campaigns.
- Ability to write interesting, effective and engaging copy including: press releases, blogs, website/social content and various speeches.
- Communicates consumer marketing campaigns, benefits and events to park-wide staff.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations to top management and external organizations.
- Ability to respond to media and public inquiries which may include sensitive information.
- Manages department’s expense budget. Tracks expenses; ensures compliance with allocated funds.
- Supervises duties of subordinate staff. Supervisory duties include instructing; assigning, reviewing and planning work of others; maintaining standards; coordinating activities; allocating personnel; selecting new employees; acting on employee problems; approving employee promotions, transfers and discipline, and recommending discharge.
- Adheres to and enforces all Cedar Fair and specific Park policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO policies, and demonstrates commitment to guest service in all aspects of employment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field with 6-10 years related experience.
- Excellent writing, verbal communication and interpersonal skills; on-camera experience a plus.
- News writing and editing experience; journalism experience a plus.
- Experience managing social media channels and campaigns.
- Proven history of managing communication for crisis situations.
- Experience developing and executing large-scale media events.
- High degree of PC literacy, including MS Office applications.
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal, written communication and analytical skills.
- Strong strategic planning skills and brand management experience.
- Highly self-motivated and results oriented.
- Experience in the entertainment industry a plus.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to credit, criminal, DMV, Previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state or provincial law.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
Interested applicants should email their resume along with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 513-754-5745. Resumes may also be mailed to the Kings Island Human Resources Office, 6300 Kings Island Drive, P.O. Box 901, Kings Island, Ohio 45034.
An Equal Opportunity Employer