Kings Island announces important updates regarding the rest of the 2020 Season. Learn More.
If you were lucky enough to take part in last season’s Mother’s Day brunch at Kings Island’s International Restaurant, then you might remember the Cinnamon Swirl French Toast that Kings Island Executive Chef James Major made for the occasion. As Mother’s Day 2020 approaches, we wanted to share that delicious recipe with you.
(Hint: Dad’s, treat mom on Mother’s Day, it’s not that hard to make!)
Here’s the recipe, and you can see our family’s results below! A special thank you to Chef Major for sending the recipe our way. If you try it, share your picture on social media, and don’t forget to tag us using #KingsIsland – we might share it too!
French Toast with Whipped Cream & Berries
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 Each Eggs
- ¼ Cup Milk or Half & Half
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 8 slices Challah, Brioche, or White bread (Thicker Cut is Best)
- ½ Cup Maple syrup, warmed
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar and set aside briefly.
- Whisk together cinnamon mixture, eggs, milk, and vanilla and pour into a shallow container.
- In a 10-inch or 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Dip bread in egg mixture. Fry slices until golden brown, then flip to cook the other side.
- Serve with warm syrup, Macerated Berries and Whipped Cream.
- 1 Cup Halved Strawberries
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 1 Cup Blackberries
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Place Berries in a bowl. Add Sugar, Salt & Vanilla.
- Mix until berries are coated. Place in refrigerator for 2 and mix every ½ hour.
- Great over French Toast, Pancakes or even on their own with Whipped Cream.
- 2 Tablespoons Powder or Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Place a metal mixing bowl and metal whisk into the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place the sugar into the mixing bowl and add the whipping cream. Whisk just until the cream reaches stiff peaks.
- Store any unused portion in an airtight container for up to 10 hours. When ready to use, rewhisk for 10 to 15 seconds.
Who could turn down a plate that looks like this? (no one in my family!)
Post a Comment
Celebrate the 10th anniversary of Boo Blasters on Boo Hill at Kings Island
Kings Island Foodie News: Chicken Sandwich added to Chicken Shack menu
Check out this sunrise from Orion at Kings Island
Today is National Carousel Day!
Kings Island Foodie News: The Celestial Sausage is now available for a limited time
Floral Clock an iconic Kings Island attraction
Take a virtual ride on Kings Island's Orion roller coaster
Celebrate National Carousel Day this Saturday
Popular Kings Island attractions celebrating anniversary seasons in 2020
The Voice on NBC contestant Michael Williams stars in new Kings Island show